Re: what is up with the PG mailing lists?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: what is up with the PG mailing lists?
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 13:16:01 -0300
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> wrote:

> - --On Thursday, November 01, 2007 16:59:14 +0100 Magnus Hagander
> <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>

> > No. All those cases are reasons for acceptable delays. But how often
> > does say network connectivity go away for an hour? If they do, you
> > need to better hosting provider.
>
> You really don't have a clue on how an SMTP server works, do you?

Let's not turn this into an attack fest please.

> If
> delivery fails, it backs up and tries again *later* ... if there is a

Why did delivery fail is the question.

> high volume of email going through said server, *later* could very
> well be 1 hour ... and, in fact, its an incremental backup, so it
> actually works out to be something like:

O.k. this is true but there is something wrong here. Why is the server
so backed up that this is happening in the first place. If the server
is actually loaded that much, we need to figure out how to get a better
server for mail shipped to panama.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

PostgreSQL solutions since 1997  http://www.commandprompt.com/        UNIQUE NOT NULL

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: what is up with the PG mailing lists?
Сообщение: Re: what is up with the PG mailing lists?