BUG #3711: dropdb and creatdb with pgpass.conf file

От gregory vallet
Тема BUG #3711: dropdb and creatdb with pgpass.conf file
Дата
Re: BUG #3711: dropdb and creatdb with pgpass.conf file
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      3711
Logged by:          gregory vallet
Email address:      gvallet@fr.abx.fr
PostgreSQL version: 8.2
Operating system:   Windows XP
Details:

In order to automatized the password on commands like pg_dump, dropdb and
creatdb, I created a pgpass.conf file with
"localhost:5432:02HH65:superuser:xxxxxxx"

With the pg_dump command, it's OK
with dropdb and creatdb, system asks me for the password.

If I replace "02HH65" with "*" like "localhost:5432:*:superuser:xxxxxxx",
it's OK for dropdb and creatdb.

Why do dropdb and creatdb can't recognize my database name?