Re: way to turn off epochs in log_filename

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: way to turn off epochs in log_filename
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 17:45:00 -0400
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> > Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> >> If logrotate would work, we'd never have bothered writing our own
> >> substitute.  But there's no way for logrotate to repoint
> >> postmaster's stderr into other files.
>
> > Uh... can't we just use copytruncate with logroate?
>
> How's that going to reset the offsets in the stderr file descriptors
> of the various PG processes?  There might be some platforms and
> configurations where it will work, but I wouldn't tout it as a
> portable approach.  I'd also suppose that there are race conditions
> involved: you'll either lose or duplicate messages that are emitted
> while copytruncate works.

Yeah, we have seen that, where the log will be missing a few
statements. Good point.

Joshua D. Drake

>             regards, tom lane

            UNIQUE NOT NULL

Вложения

От: Naomi Walker
Сообщение: Find who is connected to a database
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Find the Person Connected to a Database