Re: Feature Freeze date for 8.4

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Feature Freeze date for 8.4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> The main problem with using Git on a much larger scale is that there's
> still limited ability to use it on Win32.  Google is working on that:
> http://code.google.com/p/msysgit/ but it's not quite there yet; there's
> also a partial MinGW port.

IIRC the official word from the git people is that they don't care about windows. As long as they say that, I consider
thata dealbreaker.

And from a quick look that google project is still just for msys, which is a dependency that we've rid ourselves of.

If we're going to switch scm, we should switch to one that's supported on our platforms...

/Magnus