Re: request for help with COPY syntax

От Chuck D.
Тема Re: request for help with COPY syntax
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On October 23, 2007 10:44:51 am you wrote:
> Hi Chuck,
> Do you need those characters in your table? If not I think you will be
> better off preprocessing the data before running copy.
>
> Replacing those " for ' or directly removing them is quite simple if you
> are working in Unix, actually it should be quite simple in any operating
> system.
>
> Regards,
> Fernando

Greetings,

I'm not sure if they are needed because I've never seen a double quote in a
place name before.  I don't believe they are errors though because there are
more records that contain them.  As well, some records have single and double
quotes allowed within a record and this really messes things up.

Any ideas?  Should I consider removing them in favor of a single quote?  If
so, do you know how to do this with sed or similar?

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: request for help with COPY syntax
Сообщение: Re: request for help with COPY syntax