Re: request for help with COPY syntax

От Chuck D.
Тема Re: request for help with COPY syntax
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On October 23, 2007 08:51:18 pm you wrote:

> I got it to work with your sample data by using the COPY command as
> follows: COPY geo.orig_city_maxmind
>     FROM '/home/www/geo/DATA/MAXMIND.com/cities_no_header.txt'
>     CSV quote as '''';

I see what you are after and you solved the syntax problem I was having, but
now I get the same error on a different line:

ad,l'aldosa,L'Aldosa,02,42.5833333,1.6333333

I guess it considers that line quoted now.  In other words, some lines may
have both single and double quotes involved, like this:

kz,otdeleniye imeni dvadtsat' vtorogo parts"yezda,Otdeleniye Imeni Dvadtsat'
Vtorogo Parts"yezda,10,41.47,69.1280556

Is there any way to tell Postgresql that a CSV file has no quotes around each
field, and that each field may have single or double quotes or both?

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: