Re: request for help with COPY syntax

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: request for help with COPY syntax
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 10:19:07AM -0600, Chuck D. wrote:
> by,kruhavyetskalini"na,KruhavyetsKalini"na,02,52.1438889,31.6925
>
> There are a couple " where I would expect to see ' instead.  I see other lines
> in the data that use both in a field.

Ugh.  I think I would normalise the data before COPYing, myself. This
is a generally good practice for importing data: too much
intelligence in the import stage itself can cause unexpected side
effects and debugging pain.  Better to put an extra step in that
ensures the data is all marked up consistently on the way into the
import step.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
"The year's penultimate month" is not in truth a good way of saying
November.    --H.W. Fowler

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: