Re: Hash index todo list item

От Kenneth Marshall
Тема Re: Hash index todo list item
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 02:02:14PM -0700, Neil Conway wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-09-07 at 08:29 -0500, Kenneth Marshall wrote:
> > This is a great starting point. I would appreciate it if you have the
> > time and could make it apply cleanly to HEAD.
>
> Just to give you an update on this, I'll try to find the time to get it
> done soon, but my day job is keeping me really busy these days, so I'm
> not sure when I'll be able to get to it...
>
> -Neil

Neil,

I am currently working on integrating your previous patch with the
8.3beta1 hash code + the sorted build patch by Tom Raney. I have
been adding back pieces that were removed and I had a question
about index tuples, in particular what does the size field indicate?
Is it the size in bytes of the data after the IndexTupleData or the
total size in bytes including the IndexTupleData?

In order to use the hitem with the sorted build process, I think
that the flags should provide the size info so that the tuplesort
code can be used. This will also allow the use of >32-bit hash
values. Am I completely off base?

Regards,
Ken