Re: Can a C function(server program) be a UDP or TCP server?

От Jan de Visser
Тема Re: Can a C function(server program) be a UDP or TCP server?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thursday 18 October 2007 12:27:59 Billow Gao wrote:
> Thanks.  This is what I want to know :-)
>
> Regards,
>
> Billow
>
> >Yeah, what he wants is to implement a function in Postgres which does
> >something like an LDAP or DNS lookup or something like that.
> >
> >Sure you can do this. The only tricky bit is the thing you mentioned about
> >reusing the connection. You could always leave the connection in a safe
> > state and don't need to worry about cleaning it up then you could just
> > store it in a static variable which would be the simplest option.
> >
> >If you want to use Postgres's facilities for allocating memory and
> > cleaning it up when no longer in use you can use some of the Postgres
> > internal API for memory contexts and resource owners. But I don't see any
> > particular reason you should need to worry about this stuff for something
> > simple you're implementing yourself.

> On 10/18/07, D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net> wrote:
>  On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 11:24:24 -0400
>
> "Billow Gao" <billowgy@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I can write the network program.

Oh my. The worst kind of top-poster: the kind that copies *your* reply from
the bottom to the top and top-posts above that.

Shudder...

:)

jan

Jan de Visser                     jdevisser@digitalfairway.com

                Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!

Сообщение: Re: max_prepared_transactions default ... why 5?
Сообщение: Re: max_prepared_transactions default ... why 5?