Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Magnus Hagander wrote:

> > > The results have nothing to do with whether the process was followed.
> > > We do not ignore process violations just because the outcome was OK.
> >
> > Agreed. But reversing something that came out OK for no other reason
> > than that the process was violated? I know you don't, but some people
> > are asking for exactly that.
>
> So as long as something is committed, and only breaks certain (for now
> unnamed) platforms (until fixed that is), then procedure doesn't apply.

No, if someone does this again they are going to be raked over the coals
like Jan was.  That is probably enough to keep people following procedure.

-- Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us EnterpriseDB
http://postgres.enterprisedb.com