Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > The results have nothing to do with whether the process was followed.
> > We do not ignore process violations just because the outcome was OK.
>
> Agreed. But reversing something that came out OK for no other reason
> than that the process was violated? I know you don't, but some people
> are asking for exactly that.

So as long as something is committed, and only breaks certain (for now unnamed) platforms (until fixed that is), then
proceduredoesn't apply.

And it helps if certain external projects ask for it. I'm not entirely clear on the criteria for those projects.

I don't particularly like that fact but I think it's good to have discussed it and spelled it out. And I will certainly
acceptit since it's been discussed in public and seems to have fair agreement between core members.

The important thing is that we have documented a way around the rules so next time it's done noone needs to bother
complaining.

/Magnus