Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review
Дата
Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review  (Gregory Stark <stark@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 10, 2007 at 11:30:47AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > I also agree with this.  We have to pretend it isn't in /contrib now,
> > figure out where want it, then put it there (contrib, pgfoundry, core).
>
> Putting it in core now would mean forcing a post-beta1 initdb, which
> I don't think adequate cause has been shown for.

Ok. In that case, my vote is pgfoundry (heh, I'm sure that's clear by now).
I don't think an adequate cause to break all our procedures to stick it in
core has been shown either.

> Possibly we should sit on the decision for awhile and see if any
> initdb-forcing bugs are reported.  But for the moment I think only the
> contrib or pgfoundry options are acceptable.

This sounds like a good fallback - if the option opens up, I really think
it should be put in the backend. (Assuming it's technically sound - I still
haven't checked the actual code, but I'm assuming it's Ok since Jan
approved it)

//Magnus

Сообщение: Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review
Сообщение: Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review