Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Added the Skytoolsextended transaction ID module to contrib as

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Added the Skytoolsextended transaction ID module to contrib as
Дата
Re: pg_standby location (was added the Skytools extended transaction ID module)  (Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wednesday 10 October 2007 02:09, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-10-10 at 01:14 -0300, Euler Taveira de Oliveira wrote:
> > Simon Riggs wrote:
> > > I would prefer that we backported pg_standby into 8.2 contrib, so the
> > > solution is where people need it to be. If not...
> >
> > Don't know about the policy to put things in already-released-version
> > but if it's not the case, we could at least put the code somewhere in
> > the ftp.postgresql.org. IMHO pgfoundry project will confuse people.
>
> Both: ftp and pgfoundry.

Putting it on pgfoundry would automatically put it in the ftp tree
(ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/projects/pgFoundry).  If it was to go on
pgfoundry (which I'd recommend) I'd suggest removing it from 8.3 contrib
before we release (cause having it in both places is really going to cause
confusion)

--
Robert Treat

Сообщение: Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review
Сообщение: Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review