Re: Cannot declare record members NOT NULL

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Cannot declare record members NOT NULL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Richard Broersma Jr wrote:

> --- Cultural Sublimation <cultural_sublimation@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > I don't know if this will work, but here is another idea:
> > >
> > > SELECT movie_id, movie_name
> > >   FROM get_movies() AS ( int4 NOT NULL, text NOT NULL );
> > >

> > Hi,
> >
> > Nope.  That's not even valid syntax...
>
> It isn't valid SQL spec syntax but it is a Postgresql-ism for functions return types:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/sql-select.html
>
> notice this "from-type" listing for functions.

Yeah, but it doesn't allow the NOT NULL specification.

I don't think there's any way to do what the OP wants ATM.

--
Alvaro Herrera                 http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/DXLWNGRJD34J
Voy a acabar con todos los humanos / con los humanos yo acabaré

Сообщение: Re: Cannot declare record members NOT NULL
Сообщение: Re: Cannot declare record members NOT NULL