Re: Per-function search_path => per-function GUC settings

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Per-function search_path => per-function GUC settings
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Am Dienstag, 11. September 2007 15:53 schrieb Tom Lane:
> Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek.Kotala@Sun.COM> writes:
> > I have a question about what does happen if search path is not defined
> > for SECURITY DEFINER function. My expectation is that SECURITY DEFINER
> > function should defined empty search patch in this case.
>
> Your expectation is incorrect.  We are not in the business of breaking
> every application in sight, which is what that would do.

Well, a SECURITY DEFINER function either sets its own search path, in which
case a default search path would have no effect, or it doesn't set its own
search path, in which case it's already broken (albeit in a different way).
So setting a default search path can only be a net gain.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Сообщение: Re: What is happening on buildfarm member dugong
Сообщение: Re: What is happening on buildfarm member dugong