Re: arrays of foreign keys

От Josh Trutwin
Тема Re: arrays of foreign keys
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 23:47:40 -0000
Max <mlavenne@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> And pardon me if I posted this question to the wrong list, it seems
> this list is the most appropriate.
>
> I am trying to create a table with an array containing foreign keys.
> I've searched through the documentation and couldn't find a way to
> do so.
>
> Is this something that one can do?

Ok - now that you have 4 replies telling you NOT to do this, if you
really decide it's how you want to proceed - it can be done by
writing your own triggers.

Personally, I would heed the advise of the other replies and seriously
consider why you want to do this.  If you decide to go against
standard normalized database practice (as is your right) feel free to
ping me off list and I can send you an example of what I've done.

Josh