Re: Time Zone design issues

От novnov
Тема Re: Time Zone design issues
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ha ha that's a funny and accurate way of putting it! I am deploying on a
linux box, so it's good to know this.

But 'apps all know to adjust for TZ'; really? In this case I'm creating the
app, I can't imagine that it will automatically know to adjust for TZ? The
postgres function now() would output now as far as the server is concerned
(per it's local time setting I suppose), but very surprising is there is
enough magic to report to user time as adjusted to their time zone as
recorded in the db?