Re: [SPAM] Re: BUG #3484: Missing pg_clog file / corrupt index

От Decibel!
Тема Re: [SPAM] Re: BUG #3484: Missing pg_clog file / corrupt index
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 05:56:29PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 10:06:56AM -0400, Feng Chen wrote:
> > > VERSION =3D PostgreSQL 8.1.2
> >=20
> > You know that the project doesn't put out maintenance releases for
> > the fun of it, right?  The latest is 8.1.9 in that series.  You need
> > to upgrade.
>=20
> We moved the "you should upgrade for all minor releases" from FAQ text
> to a link to our web site:
>=20
>     http://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning
>=20
> The problem is that instead of those words being in the FAQ, they are
> now linked from the FAQ, and I am concerned that fewer people are seeing
> that recommendation.

I think the backend should spew WARNINGs with increasing frequency if
it's more than 2 point releases old. And it should refuse to start if
it's more than 5.</sarcasm>

Seriously, I doubt anything short of that will make a big difference,
but certainly putting the actual verbage back in the FAQ can't hurt.
--=20
Decibel!, aka Jim Nasby                        decibel@decibel.org