Re: [SPAM] Re: BUG #3484: Missing pg_clog file / corrupt index

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: [SPAM] Re: BUG #3484: Missing pg_clog file / corrupt index
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 05:56:29PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> We moved the "you should upgrade for all minor releases" from FAQ text
> to a link to our web site:
>
>     http://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning
>
> The problem is that instead of those words being in the FAQ, they are
> now linked from the FAQ, and I am concerned that fewer people are seeing
> that recommendation.

Could be, but I sort of doubt that's the problem.  I'd be surprised
if people who have this problem are reading the FAQ.  But in any
case, the Q that is listed there doesn't correspond to the linked
text: the question asks about the upgrade procedure, and the
versioning link talks about (initially) which version you should be
running.  I'd break that into two Qs: "What's the upgrade procedure?"
(link to docs) and "What version should I use?" (link to versioning
policy).

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
In the future this spectacle of the middle classes shocking the avant-
garde will probably become the textbook definition of Postmodernism.
                --Brad Holland