Re: determining which table is being vacuumed by autovacuum (SOLVED)

От Kevin Kempter
Тема Re: determining which table is being vacuumed by autovacuum (SOLVED)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wednesday 22 August 2007 22:10:05 Tom Lane wrote:
> Kevin Kempter <kevin@kevinkempterllc.com> writes:
> > Then I ran this:
> >
> > postgres=# select relation from pg_locks where pid = 9902;
> >  relation
> > -----------
> >   82097999
> >  143763216
> >  143763215
> >  143763193
> >  143763193
> >  143763217
> > (7 rows)
> >
> > However none of these seem to have a corresponding pg_class oid, see
> > the below queries:
>
> This most likely means that the vacuum is happening in a different
> database than you are looking in.  Did you check
> pg_stat_activity.datname?
>
>             regards, tom lane

> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

I sent this once but it never showed up on the list, so just to make sure it
gets into the archives here it is again:

All;

I had a brain-dead moment (user-error). It turns out that the above queries do
work fine when they're both run against the same database.