PITR with rsync

От David Bear
Тема PITR with rsync
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I've been looking at the pages on PITR and am wondering if anyone has
tried using rsync to accomplish this.

I'm still uncomfortable with using the file system style backup method
in PITR and am very interested in ' more information ' on how others
may be doing backups. Specifically, I assume that PITR methods would
also be accompanied with some combination of pg-dump. I am curious
about how frequently a pg-dump would be done if a PITR method was also
used (every 24 hours, every 7 days, not at all ) ??

Also, looking at the archive_command argument in postgresql.conf. Has
anyone use rsync there?

--
David Bear
phone:     602-496-0424