Re: Help

От Decibel!
Тема Re: Help
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, Aug 03, 2007 at 06:57:29PM +0600, ??????? ????????? ???????? wrote:
> This quotation deals with receiving an inserts pack as 'plain text'. Well, well, but here we come to another problem:
ifa database is bulky, it 'does not want' to be loaded as plain text, and it requires choosing another data format.
Afterthis I made a backup with '-Ft'. But we can not simply put 'tar' through 'iconv' , so I unarchived it and made a
'find./ -exec iconv'. Well, after all this I could not put it all back together so that 'pg_restore' would not find it
incorrect.I had to make a 'ls | cat | psql databasename'. After 15 hours of work nothing changed! :)

Why not? Plain text should still work fine. I've seen it done on 300G
databases.
--
Decibel!, aka Jim Nasby                        decibel@decibel.org

Вложения