Re: cpu throttling

От Alan Hodgson
Тема Re: cpu throttling
Дата
Re: cpu throttling
Список pgsql-performance
On Thursday 02 August 2007 09:02, "Bryan Murphy" <bryan.murphy@gmail.com>
wrote:
> My question:  Is there a way I can decrease the priority of a specific
> query, or determine the PID of the process it is running in?  I'd like
> to throw together a quick shell script if at all possible, as right
> now I have to monitor the process manually and we'll have fixed the
> problem long before we have the chance to implement proper database
> clustering.

select procpid from pg_stat_activity  where current_query
   like '%stored_proc%' and current_query not like '%pg_stat_activity%';

requires stats_command_string to be enabled

I'm surprised your operating system doesn't automatically lower the priority
of the process, though ..

--
"Remember when computers were frustrating because they did exactly what
you told them to?  That actually seems sort of quaint now." --J.D. Baldwin