Re: trigger and pg_fini

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: trigger and pg_fini
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, 27 Jul 2007, De Leeuw Guy wrote:

> I make a lot of tests with trigger and first problem the function
> _PG_fini are never called it is a bug ?.

_PG_fini is called when the file is unloaded, but not at process end,
according to the documentation, so I don't think it does what you want.

> This is a big problem for me because I want to cleanup the data managed
> by my trigger.

What data are you managing? If you can palloc it into an appropriately
lived context, it might be easier for you to manage.

> second problem I cannot detect from a trigger the kind of call (row or
> transaction)

What information do you want?

You can get whether it's a row or transaction event, as well as whether it
was insertion, update or delete from the context.