Re: 8.2.4 signal 11 with large transaction

От Bill Moran
Тема Re: 8.2.4 signal 11 with large transaction
Дата
Re: 8.2.4 signal 11 with large transaction  ("Scott Marlowe" <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general

> Bill Moran <wmoran@collaborativefusion.com> writes:
> > I'm now full of mystery and wonder.  It would appear as if the
> > underlying problem has something to do with PHP, but why should this
> > cause a backend process to crash?
>
> I'd bet on PHP submitting the query via extended query protocol
> (PQexecParams or equivalent) instead of plain ol PQexec which is what
> psql uses.

Doesn't appear that way.  The PHP source is somewhat cryptic, but I
don't seem much ambiguity here:

pgsql_result = PQexec(pgsql, Z_STRVAL_PP(query));

There're no conditional blocks around that, so it's the only possible
choice when pg_query() gets called in a PHP script.  PHP exposes a
seperate pg_query_params() that wraps PQexecParams().

> I don't speak PHP or have it installed here, so this example
> is hard for me to investigate.  Can someone make a reproducer that uses
> PQexecParams?

Is there any way that this (or something similar) could still apply?

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.

wmoran@collaborativefusion.com
Phone: 412-422-3463x4023

Сообщение: Re: 8.2.4 signal 11 with large transaction
Сообщение: Re: 8.2.4 signal 11 with large transaction