Re: 8.2.4 signal 11 with large transaction

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 8.2.4 signal 11 with large transaction
Дата
Re: 8.2.4 signal 11 with large transaction  (Bill Moran <wmoran@collaborativefusion.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Bill Moran <wmoran@collaborativefusion.com> writes:
> I'm now full of mystery and wonder.  It would appear as if the
> underlying problem has something to do with PHP, but why should this
> cause a backend process to crash?

I'd bet on PHP submitting the query via extended query protocol
(PQexecParams or equivalent) instead of plain ol PQexec which is what
psql uses.  I don't speak PHP or have it installed here, so this example
is hard for me to investigate.  Can someone make a reproducer that uses
PQexecParams?