Re: 8.2.4 patches?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: 8.2.4 patches?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > Tom Lane wrote:

> > > The other way to check the change history is to troll the
> > > pgsql-committers archives
> > > http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/
> > > although certainly cvs2cl output is a lot easier to scan.
> > >
> > > My $0.02: if you really want the latest and greatest, the nightly
> > > snapshot tarball of the current stable branch would be the thing to
> > > grab, rather than fooling with individual patches.
> >
> > Hmm, do we include the cvs2cl-generated ChangeLog in the tarballs?
>
> No, we don't.  We used to but the file got too large.

How about including the changelog until the branch point?

I remember there used to be ChangeLog files on CVS but that sounds a bit
redundant.  But I am thinking in generating them for the tarball only,
just like we provide the HTML docs or the bison output.

> Perhaps we should supply a URL that generates that information.

I think we should *also* do this.

FWIW I use

cvs2cl --revisions --no-indent --no-wrap --separate-header --follow $branch \
     --no-ancestors --accum

and it generates a 90k file when branch=REL8_2_STABLE (it only includes
the changes after REL8_2_STABLE was first tagged).

--
Alvaro Herrera                 http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/CTMLCN8V17R4
Este mail se entrega garantizadamente 100% libre de sarcasmo.