Re: exit code -1073741819

От Shuo Liu
Тема Re: exit code -1073741819
Дата
Re: exit code -1073741819  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
> Whoa ... that is a whole lot more data than I'm used to seeing in
TopMemoryContext. How many stats dump lines are there exactly (from
here to the crash report)?

OK, I didn't know that was a surprise. There are about 600 stats dump lines
in between.

>> The spatial database that the script is using is quite large (about 4
>> GB). So I think making a self-contained test case would be the last
>> resort.

>FWIW, I doubt that the content of the database is the key point here;
you could probably generate a test case with relatively little data,
or maybe a lot of easily-created dummy data. However stripping it down
might require more insight into the nature of the bug than we have at
this point.

I did a test in a small area (which is the street network in a county) before and it worked without crashing the
server.In that test there were about 600 records (or addresses) to be processed while in the current case there are
about12K records. Another difference is that the current case uses a larger base relation (the one I mentioned my
previousemail) that covers a whole state. I'm not sure whether it is the amount of records to be processed or the size
ofbase relation that causes the crash.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com