Re: Catalog insertion

От Carmen Martinez
Тема Re: Catalog insertion
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

I know all you say, but we actually are trying to extend the postresql with new data types, and they must be theorically in the system catalog. Also, these new data types go with some functions for manage it.

We have also implemented this in Oracle and now we want to do this with postgresql.

Any idea it would be welcome. But if this possibility is disallowed by policy, and I use the database as a server, how can I solve it?. Do I have to disallowed all conexions and then do these tasks in the server?.

Ahh, I am working in windows so please take it into account!.

Thank you very much
Carmen.

Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> escribió:
Carmen Martinez escribió:
> I want to insert new tables in the pg_catalog schema. So I have to
> execute a common create table sentence like "Create Table
> pg_catalog.newTable ....", but I am not allowed to do that and I do
> not know why.
>
> Following I show one of the sentences I execute and the error messages
>

> One of the tables I try to create is:
>
> CREATE TABLE pg_catalog.COL_LIST ( OBJ OID NOT NULL, COL OID NOT NULL,
> T_TYPE numeric(1) NOT NULL, LEN numeric(2) NOT NULL, COM
> varchar(100) , PRIMARY KEY (OBJ, COL) , CONSTRAINT
> LEN_TOO_LONG_IN_COL_LIST CHECK (LEN>=1 AND LEN<=10), CONSTRAINT
> TYPE_MUST_BE_1_2_o_3 CHECK (T_TYPE=1 OR T_TYPE=2 OR T_TYPE=3))
>
> ERROR: permission denied to create "pg_catalog.col_list"
> DETAIL: System catalog modifications are currently disallowed.

Oh, you can't do that. It's disallowed by policy. If you want to
create catalogs you need to be in standalone or bootstrap mode
(typically they are created by declaring a src/include/catalog/*.h file
and having it be included in postgres.bki by the genbki script).

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com