Re: write past chunk end in ExprContext / to_char

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: write past chunk end in ExprContext / to_char
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk> writes:
> > With today's CVS code (originally noticed with 8.2beta3), on a PC where
> > INT_MAX=0x7FFFFFFF=2147483647
>
> > postgres=# select to_char(2147483648,'999,999,999');
> > WARNING:  detected write past chunk end in ExprContext 0x845509c
> > WARNING:  detected write past chunk end in ExprContext 0x845509c
>
> Yech ... it's scribbling on the output of int8out, which is bad enough,
> but it's assuming that buffer will be long enough when it demonstrably
> isn't.
>
> Some days I think we ought to throw out formatting.c and rewrite it from
> scratch; it's probably the most poorly-coded module in all of Postgres.

Agreed from personal experience.  I am in there wacking it around it
seems every release.

--  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>          http://momjian.us EnterpriseDB
http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] AutoVacuum Behaviour Question
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] AutoVacuum Behaviour Question