Re: Worries about delayed-commit semantics

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Worries about delayed-commit semantics
Дата
Re: Worries about delayed-commit semantics  (PFC <lists@peufeu.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-06-22 at 14:29 +0100, Gregory Stark wrote:

> > > Honestly, I prefer these names as well as it seems directly related versus
> > > transaction guarantee which sounds to be more like us saying, if we turn it off
> > > our transactions are bogus.
>
> That was the intention..., but name change accepted.
>
> > Hm, another possibility: "synchronous_commit = off"
>
> Ooo, I like that. Any other takers?

Yea, I like that too but I am now realizing that we are not really
deferring or delaying the "COMMIT" command but rather the recovery of
the commit.  GUC as full_commit_recovery?

--  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>          http://momjian.us EnterpriseDB
http://www.enterprisedb.com