Re: tsearch_core patch: permissions and security issues

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: tsearch_core patch: permissions and security issues
Дата
Re: tsearch_core patch: permissions and security issues  ("Simon Riggs" <simon@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
You bring up a very good point.  There are fifteen new commands being
added for full text indexing:
alter-fulltext-config.sgml      alter-fulltext-owner.sgmlcreate-fulltext-dict.sgml
drop-fulltext-dict.sgmlalter-fulltext-dict.sgml       alter-fulltext-parser.sgmlcreate-fulltext-map.sgml
drop-fulltext-map.sgmlalter-fulltext-dictset.sgml    comment-fulltext.sgmlcreate-fulltext-parser.sgml
drop-fulltext-parser.sgmlalter-fulltext-map.sgml        create-fulltext-config.sgmldrop-fulltext-config.sgml

I think encoding is a good example to follow.  We allow users to create
new conversions (CREATE CONVERSION), but we don't allow them to create
new encodings --- those are hard-coded in the backend.  Which of the
following full text objects:
configdictmapdictsetparser

can we hard-code into the backend, and just update for every major
release like we do for encodings?

--  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>          http://momjian.us EnterpriseDB
http://www.enterprisedb.com