Re: Tom Lane's presentation on SERIALIZABLE etc?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Tom Lane's presentation on SERIALIZABLE etc?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > I remember there used to be somewhere a link to a talk Tom gave (on
> > OSCON 2001 maybe?) on transaction processing, SERIALIZABLE, SELECT FOR
> > UPDATE, etc.  I'm pretty sure it was linked to somewhere in the old
> > developers page, but I cannot find it in the new one or elsewhere.  I
> > searched the OSCON site but it isn't showing up either.
>
> I think you mean
>
> \Header{PostgreSQL Concurrency Issues}
> \LFooter{Tom Lane}
> \CFooter{O'Reilly Open Source Convention, July 2002}

Yes, this one was it.

> I'm not sure where it is on the website either; there used to be a link
> in the developer materials but it may be gone.  Anyway there's still a
> PDF of the slides in my home directory on cvs.postgresql.org.

Got it, thanks!  This is excellent material and it should definitively
be in the website.  The 7.4 optimizer talk (oscon 2003) is great too.
Too bad you weren't writing new ones for subsequent releases!

Since this was publically released in the past, I assume this is OK to
distribute?

--
Alvaro Herrera                               http://www.PlanetPostgreSQL.org/
"We're here to devour each other alive"            (Hobbes)