Re: What's with the StartDb:2 failures on skylark?

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: What's with the StartDb:2 failures on skylark?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 10:23:06AM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Tom Lane wrote:
> >Every so often, buildfarm member skylark reports a "StartDb:2" failure,
> >as for instance here:
> >http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=skylark&dt=2007-06-10%2023:00:01
> >but the logs contain no trace of any actual failure.  What's happening,
> >and why is the buildfarm failing to record any useful information?
> >

> There is certainly something odd happening on the box. Magnus and I
> discussed it about a month ago and he was going to test something I
> suggested, but I'm not sure if he did. I have committed some small
> buildfarm changes that might take care of things. Marcus, can you please
> upgrade your run_build.pl to CVS HEAD (1.83) and we'll continue to keep
> an eye on things?

Done.

FWIW, I think you wanted me to stick sleeps at some places in the code, but
I never managed to figure out where to put them. So if you want them in
somewhere, please tell me where to put them and I'll make sure to do that
as well.

//Magnus