Re: Do we need a TODO? (was Re: Concurrently updating anupdatable view)

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Do we need a TODO? (was Re: Concurrently updating anupdatable view)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> "Simon Riggs" <simon@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> > I'm sorry guys but I don't agree this is a TODO item.
> > Also, methinks we should have agreed behaviour before we make something
> > a TODO item.
>
> There is a whole *lot* of stuff in the TODO list that does not have a
> consensus solution yet.  You should not imagine that it's gospel.
>
> At the same time, it'd be better if this item were worded more like
> "investigate this issue" rather than presupposing a particular
> form of answer.

OK, new wording:
       o Research self-referential UPDATEs that see inconsistent row versions         in read-committed mode
         http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2007-05/msg00507.php

--  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>          http://momjian.us EnterpriseDB
http://www.enterprisedb.com