Re: Deletes hurt

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Deletes hurt
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 09:23:01AM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Right. Where we just mark the row as dead and have to vacuum. We just
> delay the pain ;).

They've delayed the pain too.  This is actually an illustration of
what Tom Lane said recently -- that the strategy of paying the cost
of maintenance outside the main transaction path is intrinsically
superior, because you don't have to pay it while your user is sitting
there waiting for you.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
The plural of anecdote is not data.
        --Roger Brinner