Re: On-line / off-line trace of SQL statements presented to the Postgres SQL engine

От Bill Moran
Тема Re: On-line / off-line trace of SQL statements presented to the Postgres SQL engine
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> We are using a three-tier application with J2EE, JBoss, Hibernate and
> a Postgres database.
>
> It would be a nice thing to monitor or trace the actual SQL statements
> processed by the DB. I do not really need the result set as I can get
> this - if required - using SQL against the DB through the Pgsql
> interface.
>
> Main thing is to know exactly what the database is presented after a
> GUI click.
>
> Very likely that this is more of a Hibernate question but I assume the
> same desire has been satisfied in some way by this audience.

See the docs.  postgresql.conf has options to log every SQL statement,
or to log only the SQL statements that exceed a certain time limit.

Unless I'm misunderstanding your question?

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com