Re: 2 instance of postgres service running against same db files?

От John Gateley
Тема Re: 2 instance of postgres service running against same db files?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Take a search through the archives for:
Fault Tolerant Postgresql (two machines, two postmasters, one disk array)
I recently posted this question and got a lot of good responses.

On Fri, 25 May 2007 18:59:34 +0100
Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie> wrote:

> On 25/05/2007 18:56, Arnaldo Gandol wrote:
>
> >  Can I have 2 instance of postgres service running against same db???. I
> > meant 2 machine or the same machine with a 2 running executing postgres
> > process (if it is in the same machine, then through different ports),
>
> AFAIK you can't, and trying to do so is a sure way to finish up with a
> corrupt database.

Сообщение: Re: why postgresql over other RDBMS
Сообщение: Re: why postgresql over other RDBMS