Re: Can I restrict backups?

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Can I restrict backups?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 10:44:36AM +0200, Andreas wrote:
> The problem - not only - of my customer is that he primarily has to
> trust strange people enough to grant them access to the very base of his
> business and this base could be carried away on an USB stick or piped
> out via email or whatever.
> Legal repercussions against the individual when the worst case happened
> are no actual solution, I fear.

The only actually useful advice one can give in that case is, "Don't
do that." If the business is worth having, it's surely worth
protecting by hiring people you can trust.  But you could restrict
the subset of the data they can see using VIEWs.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
The whole tendency of modern prose is away from concreteness.
        --George Orwell