Re: ERROR: invalid memory alloc request size

От Johann Spies
Тема Re: ERROR: invalid memory alloc request size
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hallo Tom,

> > Breakpoint 1, 0x0827eef6 in errfinish ()
> > (gdb) bt
> > #0  0x0827eef6 in errfinish ()
> > #1  0x0828039c in elog_finish ()
> > #2  0x082993b3 in MemoryContextAlloc ()
> > #3  0x0828d437 in pg_mb2wchar ()
> > #4  0x0811c288 in CreateCopyDestReceiver ()
> > #5  0x0811ea43 in DoCopy ()
> > #6  0x081f9d00 in ProcessUtility ()
> > #7  0x081f6ed9 in PostgresMain ()
> > #8  0x081f7cac in FreeQueryDesc ()
> > #9  0x081f84d9 in PortalRun ()
> > #10 0x081f3b51 in pg_parse_query ()
> > #11 0x081f5296 in PostgresMain ()
> > #12 0x081c8a1f in ClosePostmasterPorts ()
> > #13 0x081c9924 in PostmasterMain ()
> > #14 0x081823b5 in main ()
>
> Hmmm ... this is interesting, but unfortunately backtraces from
> non-debug builds are often not very trustworthy, and that seems to have
> happened here.  CreateCopyDestReceiver doesn't call pg_mb2wchar, and
> pg_mb2wchar doesn't call MemoryContextAlloc, so we're being lied to
> right at the spot where we might've hoped to learn something.
>
> Could you please rebuild the executables with --enable-debug and try
> again?

I did that.  The following breakpoint occurred again before an error
message from the process on the terminal:

#0  0x0827eef6 in errfinish ()
#1  0x0828039c in elog_finish ()
#2  0x082993b3 in MemoryContextAlloc ()
#3  0x0828d437 in pg_mb2wchar ()
#4  0x0811c288 in CreateCopyDestReceiver ()
#5  0x0811ea43 in DoCopy ()
#6  0x081f9d00 in ProcessUtility ()
#7  0x081f6ed9 in PostgresMain ()
#8  0x081f7cac in FreeQueryDesc ()
#9  0x081f84d9 in PortalRun ()
#10 0x081f3b51 in pg_parse_query ()
#11 0x081f5296 in PostgresMain ()
#12 0x081c8a1f in ClosePostmasterPorts ()
#13 0x081c9924 in PostmasterMain ()
#14 0x081823b5 in main ()

It looks the same as the previous one to me.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."
                   Philippians 1:21