Re: query becomes much slower after Postgres 8.2.4 and Postgis 1.2.1 upgrade

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: query becomes much slower after Postgres 8.2.4 and Postgis 1.2.1 upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 12:49:54PM -0700, Jessica Richard wrote:
> We had the following upgrades last week:
>
> proj-4.4.9 to proj-4.5.0
> geos-2.2.1 to geos-2.2.3
> Postgis 1.1.1 to Postgis 1.2.1,
> then
> Postgres 8.1.4 to 8.2.4
>

> After the entire upgrades, a same query with geospatial functions that used to come back in a few minutes, now take
about3 minutes to finish, no erors, just much slower than before.

> Has any one seen this performance issue after the upgrade before?

It can happen, yes. If it's a PostGIS-specific query I suggest you post
to the PostGIS list asking for help about it. If it's not
PostGIS-specific you should post the query and EXPLAIN ANALYZE output
from both versions to pgsql-performance.
--
Jim Nasby                                      decibel@decibel.org

От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: How overcome wait for vacuum full?
От: "Jim C. Nasby"
Сообщение: Re: Problem Recovering from Windows PITR