Re: Not ready for 8.3

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: Not ready for 8.3
Дата
Re: Not ready for 8.3  (Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 12:42:28PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > > Patch status:
> > >
> > >     http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/Todo:PatchStatus
> >
> > If... this is actually a problem (I leave to other committers and
> > reviewers to comment) then I suggest we push all patches without a
> > reviewer as of now to 8.4.
> >
> > Leaving only those patches that have confirmed reviewers to be worked
> > through.
> >
> > FYI, whoever did that Todo:Patch status, Bravo! That is easily one of
> > the smallest but best improvements to the process I have seen in recent
> > memory.
>
> I did one of those for previous releases.  I guess you forgot.  It was
> done by someone else this time only because I was going to be traveling.

Unless you're really in love with doing that sort of thing it's really
good that someone else did it. You're one of a handful of folks that can
actually review patches, while there's any number of us that can update
a wiki.

Speaking of reviewers... should we put some thought into how we can
increase the number of people who can review code? It seems that's one
of our biggest bottlenecks...
--
Jim Nasby                                      decibel@decibel.org