Re: User rights

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: User rights
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 12:43:55PM -0700, ebmb wrote:
>  Hello all,
>  I'm a MySQL user and trying to migrate some applications to
> PostgreSQL 8.1.9. My first question is about Postgre administration...
>
>  I would like to know if is possible to revoke users access to
> commands like "\l, \du, \dn". In MySQL, limited users cannot see other
> users (like root, for example) and other databases (like mysql, for
> example). Is it possible in Postgre?

Take a look at the setting db_user_namespace; it might help. You *might*
be able to get away with revoking select on pg_database, though you'd
have to do it in every database. Of course you'll want to fully
understand pg_hba.conf as well.

When it comes to schemas, I think you're pretty much out of luck.