Re: Feature freeze progress report

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Feature freeze progress report
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Csaba Nagy wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-05-03 at 13:51, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > I believe the problem is not that there isn't enough information, but
> > not enough people able to do the work.  Seeking solutions in areas that
> > aren't helping was the illustration.
>
> Yes Bruce, but you're failing to see that a more structured information
> infrastructure will attract more people to do the work which could
> eventually solve the problem you're having in the first place
> (contradicting your argument that it won't help), at the cost of some
> possible additional work (which I actually think you're overestimating
> the amount of - it's probably more like a learning curve than actual
> additional work).
>
> The fact that there is enough information is not relevant, it must be in
> the right place too - too much information or hard to find information
> is sometimes worst than no information.

If I can't get help on a simple request of maintaining an 8.3 status web
page, I think more help is unlikely and I am not interested in doing
more work to find out.

--  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>          http://momjian.us EnterpriseDB
http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Implicit casts to text
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Feature freeze progress report