Re: Feature freeze progress report

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Feature freeze progress report
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 07:27:10AM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:
> > I'm not specifically talking about complex patches (nor am I talking at
> > all about bug tracking) - there are a variety of patches in the queue,
> > of varying complexity. Some have been there for months, and worse, some
> > of them recieved little or no feedback when submitted leaving the
> > authors completely in the dark about whether their work will be
> > included, whether further changes are required, or whether they should
> > continue with additional enhancements.
>
> Agreed.  Remember that patches queue is just patches that no one has
> dealt with.  It was never designed to be a community thing, but Tom and
> others do pull from it as necessary.  If the community dealt with all
> patches, I wouldn't have to add anything to the queue.

I think that summarises the problem with it fairly well. It was never
designde to be a community thing. But we need a community thing now (we
didn't at the time, probably). Oh, and you are of course no less community
than anybody else ;-)

//Magnus

Сообщение: Re: Hacking on PostgreSQL via GIT
Сообщение: Re: Hacking on PostgreSQL via GIT