Re: Feature Request --- was: PostgreSQL Performance Tuning

От Michael Stone
Тема Re: Feature Request --- was: PostgreSQL Performance Tuning
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 07:36:52AM -0700, Mark Lewis wrote:
>Maybe he's looking for a switch for initdb that would make it
>interactive and quiz you about your expected usage-- sort of a magic
>auto-configurator wizard doohicky?  I could see that sort of thing being
>nice for the casual user or newbie who otherwise would have a horribly
>mis-tuned database.  They could instead have only a marginally mis-tuned
>database :)

However you implement it, anyone who can answer all of those questions
is probably capable of reading and understanding the performance section
in the manual.

It's probably more practical to have a seperate script that looks at the
running system (ram, disks, pg config, db size, indices, stats, etc.)
and makes suggestions--if someone wants to write such a thing.

Mike Stone