Re: Feature Request --- was: PostgreSQL Performance Tuning

От Mark Lewis
Тема Re: Feature Request --- was: PostgreSQL Performance Tuning
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Maybe he's looking for a switch for initdb that would make it
interactive and quiz you about your expected usage-- sort of a magic
auto-configurator wizard doohicky?  I could see that sort of thing being
nice for the casual user or newbie who otherwise would have a horribly
mis-tuned database.  They could instead have only a marginally mis-tuned
database :)

On Fri, 2007-04-27 at 10:30 -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 09:27:49AM -0400, Carlos Moreno wrote:
> >Notice that the second part of my suggestion covers this --- have
> >additional
> >switches to initdb so that the user can tell it about estimates on how
> >the DB
> >will be used:  estimated size of the DB, estimated percentage of
> >activity that
> >will involve writing, estimated percentage of activity that will be
> >transactions,
> >percentage that will use indexes, percentage of queries that will be
> >complex,
> >etc. etc.
>
> If the person knows all that, why wouldn't they know to just change the
> config parameters?
>
> Mike Stone

Сообщение: Re: Feature Request --- was: PostgreSQL Performance Tuning
Сообщение: Re: Feature Request --- was: PostgreSQL Performance Tuning