Re: Autovacuum vs statement_timeout

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Autovacuum vs statement_timeout
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > Tom Lane wrote:
> > > I seem to remember that we'd agreed that autovacuum should ignore any
> > > globally set statement_timeout, on the grounds that a poorly chosen
> > > setting could indefinitely prevent large tables from being vacuumed.

FWIW in testing, I just noticed that autovacuum does not pay attention
to statement_timeout anyway, because it is only set in
start_xact_command, which is used for interactive commands only, not in
autovacuum.  So there's no need to patch anything.

Сообщение: Re: Autovacuum vs statement_timeout
Сообщение: Re: Autovacuum vs statement_timeout