Re: Hacking on PostgreSQL via GIT

От Aidan Van Dyk
Тема Re: Hacking on PostgreSQL via GIT
Дата
Re: Hacking on PostgreSQL via GIT  (Martin Langhoff <martin@catalyst.net.nz>)
Список pgsql-hackers
* Martin Langhoff <martin@catalyst.net.nz> [070417 17:32]:

> > Having a git mirror of the pgsql CVS would be great.
> > BTW, I've just check out repo.or.cz, and noticed that there is already a
> > git mirror of the pgsql CVS: http://repo.or.cz/w/PostgreSQL.git
>
> Yes, I've seen it, but I don't know the guy. I can ensure you have a
> CVS->GIT gateway updated daily or twice daily.

I'm an unknown here, I know - I've used PostgreSQL for years, but only
recently started following the development community...  And at this
point I'm still pretty much just following, hence my interest in getting
a GIT repot of PostgreSQL.  GIT is *very* helful at a "new" code-base.

I have my CVS->GIT conversion running hourly from the anon-rsync of the
cvsroot.  I don't know the specifics of the PostgreSQL rsync/mirror
setup, so I may be pulling it more frequently than it's actually
published, but until I hear from someone that tells me I'm taxing to
many rsync resources, I'll just leave it that way...  The CVS->GIT
conversion is cheap - it's the rsync that takes most of the time... I
can run it more frequently if people think it would be valuble and the
rsync-admins don't care...

And remember the warning I gave that my conversion is *not* a direct CVS
import - I intentionally *unexpand* all Keywords before stuffing them
into GIT so that merging and branching can ignore all the Keyword
conflicts...

a.

aidan@highrise.ca                                       command like a king,