Re: Vista/IPv6

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Vista/IPv6
Дата
Re: Vista/IPv6  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: Vista/IPv6  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 02:24:08PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:

> >>The configure test just looks for a definition of struct sockaddr_in6.
> >>Taking a quick look It seems to me like this is unconditionally there in
> >>the MSVC WS2tcpip.h , so maybe we should just force it for MSVC.
> >>

> >That was my question. I just built with ipv6 enabled using my msvc build on
> >my primary machine which does *not* have ipv6, and it still passes
> >regression tests fine.
> >
> >Given that we have a runtime check, is there any reason at all not to
> >enable ipv6 on all builds on msvc?
> >
> >(FWIW, it's been in the platform SDK at least since Windows 2000)
> >

> If we could use configure for MSVC this would have Just Happened (tm). I
> wonder how many other little bits we miss out on?

Well, if you can make that happen, certainly that'd be nice...
(FWIW, I had ipv6 on my list of things to make happen, but I didn't realise
it would cause this issue on a machine with ipv6 on it, since I don't have
one)

> Anyway, the obvious fix seems to be to add a line to
> src/tools/msvc/Solution.pm to #define HAVE_IPV6 1 in pg_config.h

Won't work, that hits both msvc and mingw. (assuming you maen
pg_config.h.win32, since pg_config.h is a generated file)

The proper fix is to put it in the msvc build sys, where it writes
pg_config.h :-) It also needs a new lib for initdb. I have a patch
for it, and it works here, I'm just asking if it's safe to enable it or if
it may cause runtmie problems on platforms without ipv6.

//Magnus